Sunday, February 6, 2011

If You Were My Homework...

I'd do you everyday in every possible way! Kidding aside, here is Matt Schiermeier ladies and gentlemen... He is HIV positive but that fact never let him down. He is now an advocate in proper information drive for awareness about the disease.


Here's an excerpt from his website

"I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN A SMALL MIDWESTERN AMERICAN TOWN and quickly developed an appreciation for nature and wildlife. Growing up there, surrounded by nature’s beauty was a blessing that I never took for granted. This appreciation of beauty has had a major impact on my life. Through working with and appreciating painting and drawing, I understand the way they have impacted society’s present, past and future. Through a combination of what has intrigued me most, photography, fashion, music, and modeling, I am now creating my current and future projects. My focus here is on projects that will bring needed awareness to certain societal issues. This allows me to “give back” at the same time as pursuing what I love. My desire is to work on projects that will inspire people to act and contribute to a purpose driven cause. I feel that great things can be accomplished by allowing a collaboration of the minds and hearts of artistic people. The images within my site are both strong and unique and I hope they will provoke thought and make everyone want to act and “give back”.


FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS I HAVE BEEN FOCUSING ON EATING WELL AND WORKING OUT. Over the past two years my desire to be better physically has pushed me toward the task of pursuing a modeling career. I have met and worked with some amazing photographers and with a fantastic, creative clothing company. Together we have had some great times and created some extraordinary images. I have gained a following of people who enjoy seeing my images and experiencing what is going on in my everyday life. I appreciate everyone who has shown interest in my images, my work, and my life. Because of this appreciation and because of an inner desire to help others, I want people to know the real Matt Schiermeier. I want people to know and relate to more than just my outer shell. I want them to see my inner desires and my soul, completely stripped down. I am a person who is living everyday with a disease that has killed so many people, yet I live each day to its fullest and have a desire to show others that they can do the same. In order to show my undying devotion to see an end to this illness I have come together with two others to create a website and a brand that will not only allow individuals to experience my life but also allow them the ability to give back to research and causes that will bring an end to HIV/AIDS.


AS A YOUNG ADULT, I ALSO FOUND MYSELF IN A COUPLE OF RELATIONSHIPS. Being young and again naive, I was very trusting of my partners in these relationships. Having someone loving you and then being dishonest with you never crossed my mind. A few relationships had come and gone and I began to become aware of some physical changes my body was going through. Still having a sense of invincibility I just ignored these changes and was sure nothing bad could ever happen to me. Over time, however, my body changed more and my weight was on a continuous downward slope. This was a point where even some friends were bringing my drop in weight to my attention. In my heart I knew something could be seriously wrong with me but my mind was refusing to accept this fact. Not only was my weight down at this point but a rash had appeared near my eye. I soon found myself at the eye doctor. The doctor took a look at the rash and conducted an eye examination. As he took a very close look deep into my eyes he asked if I had ever been tested for HIV/AIDS. I told him no and my heart sank. Those words, that thought, left me feeling empty, alone, and scared. With no sympathy, no remorse, the doctor confidently said, “the last time I saw what is happening to your eyes was in a patient who passed away two weeks later due to AIDS.”



BY JOINING MY SITE TODAY, buying images and trademarked items you will be joining me in giving back to research to help find a cure for this illness that not only affects me but so many others. My desire is for my brand, Schiermeier & Earnheart (S&E), To be one that I proudly represent because it is a brand that will continuously give back. I am hoping you will want to join my efforts to help my brand grow so there can be a nonstop fund available for research and education efforts. Even if you as an individual stop by my site and cannot afford to join, buy, or give, all I ask of you is that you respect what I am trying to do and say a small prayer that my efforts and others will make a difference. Again, I am a man who believes in prayer. I believe in creating a good energy that is available for all mankind to share. Whatever your outlet may be or whatever brings you peace, from prayer to screaming to the top of your lungs, when you believe a true difference can be made, great things can happen. I hope you enjoy my site and receive satisfaction that we are giving back together!


For more pictures and other products, please visit Matt's website.

NOTE: This article is not meant to condone unsafe sex. Please make sure that you are protected first and foremost. Educate yourself. This is meant to raise awareness that HIV/AIDS is existing and that it is a reality. 



No comments: